I've converted my local spreadsheet to Google Docs. The advantages are that I can:
- "live" publish the latest version, by which I mean that when I update the data the image above is automatically updated
- update it from any computer with web access, without installing any software
- share the spreadsheet for others to copy or suggest improvements
- do this for free
How am I doing so far? Of 101 trips to the office, I cycled 83 of them - 82.2%
Of the 17 drives to work:
- 1 was to try out (alright, show off) my new car
- 4 were giving a lift to Jenny and her Italian exchange student friend
- 1 was to take Jenny and her Italian exchange luggage to school
- 1 was to take a tent and kit to work for Mark Halliday's stag weekend
- 1 was to get in time to present at some education I helped create
- 7 were due to inclement weather. On most of these I also gave Isobel a lift to school which is on the way to work.
Projecting out my current rate I'm looking at about 183 for the year. Last year I totalled 130ish but I didn't start until the clocks changed.
I'm hoping that I can achieve more vacation than drives to work. Bring it on!